Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Taylor's thoughts about EWI and their homes

Hi! This is Taylor. My classmates and I are studying EWI. I think that the subject is very interesting to learn about.
The E.W.I live in two different types of houses: wigwams and longhouses.
The wigwams are more of a temporary hut than a purmenate one. It has a small smoke-hole, just so that the smoke can escape.
In class we are building wigwams with pebbles, and little twigs to build the fire. We are also learning about a wigwam's frame. The frame for a wigwam is a circle.
A longhouse is, well, a long house that holds as many as 100 Native Americans. Each family has their own compartment to sleep and live in. A long house's frame is a rectangle. It has about three smoke-holes, each above a fire.
I wonder what it would be like living in a longhouse, because it seems so crowded. Wigwams to,
seem to me to be a small space for two families to live in.
If you ever get the experience, please tell me what it was like.

thanks,
TAYLOR

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you'll ever live in a longhouse, so I bet it'll be the same in a 5' by 5' tent.

    -Etai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that E.W.I also live in teepees

    -Isabella

    ReplyDelete